Monday, April 18, 2005

it's back, this time as the KZ-1x1


Early 2005
Since I still had the Azonic frame, and a bunch of old parts from the Schwinn, I contemplated on building up a hardtail, as a second bike. Turns out, my riding buddy Jay converted his Specialized Hard Rock to a single speed. The concept piqued my interest and after scoring a secondhand crankset and brakeset, as well as a new rigid fork, my old steed was reincarnated and rejuvenated. The mish-mash of components sure didn't affect ride quality, or the fun factor for that matter. A neat side story is that the Magura Formula 500 brakes that I acquired 3rd-hand, were originally owned by my LBS(Local Bike Shop)'s head wrench!

If the KZ-1 was stiff with a front shock, imagine how brutal it was with a rigid alloy fork. It sure was super light, but you could feel every undulation and obstacle you'd hit on the trail. I was willing to soldier on, heck, it was my secondary ride anyway (the Cab was la primero).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home