Saturday, July 16, 2005

forking A!

Two weeks ago I commisioned a custom fork from framebuilder Ave Meldea - a steel, straight-bladed fork with a taller profile (412mm) to help lift the front end of the Tingle up. Just as he said, they were ready for pickup today. So instead of sitting in traffic, I decided to take the bike to his workshop. Riding in traffic and pollution is an entirely different ballgame - even if I tried my best imaging the narrow gaps between cars, jeeps and buses as singletrack. Ave even devised a sling for me to carry the fork while riding. I ended up strapping it to my back, ready to be drawn just in case some bonehead driver tries something funny. Thankfully, it didn't come to that.

Check em out:



I am pretty pleased with his handiwork, as you can see, his welds are neat and even.




The straight fork blades do seem a bit thin, especially when compared to my WTB Motoraptor 2.2 front tire. Gives it that "monster truck" vibe hehe

The next step is to have this baby primered and painted - or perhaps powdercoated. I prefer flat black. Any other color would be too flashy I think.

Besides, I've got more parts coming in tonight hehe

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karlo said...

ang nipis ng tubes ng fork mo ah. sexxay.

17:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home