Thursday, August 25, 2005

single speed weekend

Pics first:





Rode last Saturday and hit the usual area at Sta. Rosa. Hooked up with a group that included 3 Turner bikes and a Foes...due to muddy conditions we decided to ride the conservative trail and ended up with a 18km. trip. Polly then suggested that we head back the way we came, which included a 4km climb up moderately graded dirt roads. It felt daunting at first (only did that way once before, and that was on a geared bike). Two of the Turner boys and the Foes rider didn't come along due to "curfews" (hehe), so it was just me, Polly and my bro grinding our way back. Felt pretty good until the last part of the ride (headed back to the parking lot) where my legs were giving warning signs of the cramps. I did survive though, but it was the longest ride I've done on the Tingle so far..perhaps around 40km (give or take a few k's). LASPAG! and I promised I'd join Jay in inaugurating his rigidized Hard Rock SS (see pic).

Good thing Jay rang me the next morning, as I was in dreamland and failed to get up in time! Got ready in a jiff and off we headed back to Sta. Rosa for some more SS action. We hit the short trail, and we were actually riding at a good pace. Had my second chain breakage since building up the Tingle (I think it's time for a new chain).It was fun, and a bit muddy.

Oh, and Happy Birthday to me! I think I'll get a new helmet, new grips (saw Oury's...the Cane Creeks are murdering my gloves, and...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must.. skim through all the bike stuff...oops that's the whole blog na pala. Hey I greeted you 3 ways today! haha

02:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maligayang k! :D -->lou

11:08  
Blogger Karlo said...

oo happy birthday sa iyo.
your spammer spammed aural text too, that bastard!

21:23  
Blogger in_sneakers said...

belated haburday! thanks for the cake! =)

17:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home