Thursday, April 06, 2006

Spankin' New Monkey

Finally, it's built, and it's ready to rock:



The Tingle was the "donor" for a few parts - namely the Mary bar, Boone ti cog, crankset and Ti BB. I'll build the Tingle up soon, I promise, just have to wait a while for a few bits...and will it be geared, or shall it remain single?

I'll have to fine-tine a few things, namely bar height. It's either I swap spacers or flip the Mary. If I flip the bar I'm thinking of wrapping it in white Salsa grip tape. Hmmm.



The headset and red Magura brakes came off the Caballero (which was sold to fund this project hehe)...



Tires are Maxxis Ignitors, and I have a spare set of Kenda Klaws for the wet season, as well as spare tubes...




Had to use a chaintug (Surly TugNut)...the rear wheel would slip whenever I'd try to pull a wheelie...



Initial ride was on tarmac, and a short jaunt on a grassy field nearby...and there's something to say about how stable the big wheels are. Handling surprised me, no sluggishness at all, and you can feel the wheels keeping their momentum. Hmmm...

True test will be this weekend, when the Monkey gets its baptism of dirt!

Ride on!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

when did you finish building it? ang bangas ng unggoy! haha at ang bangas mo rin! let's drink to that!

17:56  
Blogger Karlo said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I dub thee Monkey Boy!

00:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet bike. Whats size frame is that? And how tall are you and whats your inseam? I'm trying to figure out size what Monkey I need. Thanks!

06:54  

Post a Comment

<< Home