Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Monkey's Klaw !!!- what's your style?

Instead of riding this weekend, I decided to give Spanky some loving attention :)

For starters, a new saddle to replace the aging WTB SST Ti one.



Yep - the Wrench Wench! Nice and comfortable too.

I also slapped on my second set of tires - Kenda Klaw XTs. They've got a m ore aggresive tread pattern than the previous Maxxis Ignitors, which are taking a sabbatical and will be re-installed when it's the dry season again. Unlike the Ignitors, the Klaws have front and rear-specific treads. It should make for an interesting comparison. Small caveat, though - there's a slight wobble with the rear tire. It seems like it wasn't molded in a perfect circle. My rear wheel is aligned, by the way.


Kenda Klaw XT rear tire


Kenda Klaw XT front tire

Finally, in an attempt to get to the bottom of an annoying clicking sound fromt he drivetrain, I've put on another FSA Ultimax Ti BB - this time with a carbon fibre shell and a wider, 113mm spindle. The old FSA Ti BB is still in tiptop shape, however. So I guess the only way to find out is to GET OUT AND RIDE!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home