Monday, August 29, 2005

slow ride

Didn't get to ride any dirt this weekend thanks to the weather. But I did accomplish some things Saturday:

1) bought a new helmet! (Bell Sweep XC...thanks fam!)
2) bought cushy Oury Lock-On grips (the Cane Creeks were tearing up my gloves!)
3) bought a new chain (big burly Shimano one)
4) bought a rear blinker and headlight (for secret nocturnal training rides)

Sunday rolls in and I decide to cruise around the city. Headed off to the CBD and swung by the old location of Lava Lounge...a place me and some friends put up circa 1999. The building was still there, but all vestiges of the lounge was gone. Funny thing is, the same security guard was there too! I started getting nostalgic, so I pushed off for some more mileage.

Headed to All Terra and hung out for a while and congratulated them on their first year anniversary. Man, how time flies.

Squirelled home under the rain, oh and the sun was out at the same time. Strange. Figure I did at least 30km...sorry, bike doesn't have a cyclocomp!

So not much bike action this weekend. Oh, check out Keith Bontrager's diary on the Single Speed World Championships 2005. KB is a bike industry guru/god, by the way.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home