Friday, April 07, 2006

slight hiccup (strike 1)

While tweaking the positioning of the Mary bar (trying to run it inverted), I noticed that one of my grip’s lockrings had the remnants of an allen wrench embedded inside it. Looks like the LBS’ mechanic forgot to mention this slight detail. This made grip removal nigh-on impossible. I resorted to some creative persuasion – which consisted of a block of wood, a hammer and some lube at midnight, to remove the offending part. I think I woke the household (and the neighbors as well), but after brief struggle, it was free. Changed my mind on flipping the bars, as the position seemed a bit too aggressive for the rough stuff, and I figure I need to get used to the whole 29er deal first...and adjusted the spacers to drop the bars down slightly. Looks like we’re all set for the inaugural dirt ride...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home