Monday, November 20, 2006

Critical MaSS ride!

Well, it's finally happened. Last November 18 was the first time more than 2 single-speeders rode together...aside from me, there was King (on his Gary Fisher), DanDan (on his Big Cat), and Noel (on his On-One Inbred 29er) - yes, another milestone is that I am not the lone 29er/SS rider over here. It was Noel's first time to hit the trails in Maarat on the Inbred, but he had a great ride. He's a pretty strong rider! He also wore the sample of the 1st P1SSer jersey...

Some pics for your pleasure:



That's Noel, myself, Franz (geared rider but all-around good guy!), and King. Pic was snapped by DanDan.



Me pretending to be Drill Sergeant and urging Noel to Go!Go!Go! and attack the climb. He cleaned it easily :)



DanDan effortlessly sailing up the same climb. He makes everything look easy.



King powering up another climb. It's great to ride with him again, and to see him recovering well after his accident earlier this year. Incidentally, the last time we rode this trail together was before his accident. Now he's back with a singlespeed. Hail to the King!



Yes that's my butt hitting the climb. I have personal issues with this particular hill - and I attack it with gusto. Now that I manage to clean it, another hill farther down the trail earns my ire when I stall a few feet short of the top. As I always say, "There's always something to come back to next ride." Or in our vernacular, "babalikan kita!".



UK's On-One Inbred 29er meets its US counterpart, in the Surly Karate Monkey...where else but in Da Pilipins!



Yes, we got singlespeeders growing on trees over here! (Ya right!)



Back at the trailhead for a post-ride shot.

Thanks to Noel, Franz and DanDan for the snaps!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home