Wednesday, November 01, 2006

another month, another post

Yes it's been a month since I've posted, because once again, some real-world responsibilities have gotten into the way. And when you start prioritizing things that (a) you MUST do; (b) you SHOULD do; (c) you BETTER do; and (d) you WANT to do - guess which one gets tossed out? For me, it's (d)!

So here's how my October went by, in a nutshell:

Oct 3-13 Run up to my trip to the States
Oct 14-21 One week away: 1/2 day in Detroit. 2 1/2 days in Pennsylvania, 2 days in NYC, close to 2 days in the air. Lovely. Hours spent riding this whole time? ZERO.
Oct 22-29 Fended off jet lag, and a bad case of the cold, usccessfully. Again, no riding.
Oct 31 - did some "trick or treating" hehe.

But I did check out some bike shops in NYC - and yes, I dropped by NYC Velo, where I got myself a largish Timbuk2 messenger bag (coz my luggage was full to the brim already with work stuff to take home), a long-sleeved NYC Velo shirt (just like what Andrew's got on here), Dirt Rags #118 and #124...so no ENO crankset, no bike rentals...

I did snap a pic of a ghost bike:



This one's a memorial to Reginald Chan, aged 60, who was hit by a truck on Third Avenue at 17th Street, on September 18, 2006. Rest in peace, fellow rider.

I spotted this while walking back from NYC Velo to another bike shop, Manhattan Velo...I actually missed it the first time I walked by. Strange. But when I did see it, it was a chilling experience. Said a short prayer for the fallen rider, snapped a pic, and went on my way.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home