Sunday, November 06, 2005

2 weeks ago...

this arrived.



A Soulcraft Convert. The answer to our chain-tensioning woes (what woes!?). Cherrybomber got one for his Hard Rock too (which we installed in betwwen stripping sessions - see below). Compared to my old Singleator, this is one trick doodad. CNC-machined body, push rod for easy release, and best of all, a urethane roller for minimal resistance.



Promptly mounted it in "push-up" mode, and my initial reaction after taking it around the block was "this thing is buttery smooth". It's first two rides on the dirt gave me no problems at all, but earlier today, it somehow loosened and dropped a few degrees. My chain derailed a few times, until I got around to figuring out the culprit. Oh and another thing, If I ever need to remove my rear wheel, I will have to remove the WHOLE convert. <---NOT! just the whole rear skewer hehe



Oh well! But I am chuffed with the widget's performance so far...incidentally, I also slapped on a 32T Salsa SS-specific chainring. Muy muy muy delicioso!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

want the point of the swing-away feature so you can remove your wheel without that problem?

11:08  
Blogger mcsister said...

so are you truly a convert of the SOULCRAFT? Grabe, biking has its own lingo talaga.

02:53  
Blogger 32by18 said...

almost! once in a while it gives me problems...like a prodigal son (prodigal part) hehehe

17:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home