Tuesday, December 20, 2005

keraaaasssh!!!

Ok, I'll cut to the chase. Sunday's ride was a day of firsts. It was the first time I took Cherrybomber aka Jay back up the long downhill we usually hit at the end of our usual route (this effectively doubles our mileage< since we go back the way we came), it was also the inaugural ride of my titanium bottom bracket (hey, it's Christmas, and the Tingle needs some...attention). Finally, it was my first crash on the SS. Incidentally, it was Jay's first crash too. Don't laugh now, but we managed to crash into each other. While riding though the barrio, I glided right to avoid a local, and next thing I know, Jay was saying "on yer right...on yer..." then our handlebars got tangled up, and we went down in a heap of flesh and metal...

I think the whole town went outside to find out what the commotion was about. Jay and I dusted ourselves and the bikes off, and after a quick check, continued on...all the while laughing. It could have been worse, guess we were lucky. The rest of the ride continued without incident, and topped off by a Chicken Katsu lunch. Yum.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home