Sunday, December 18, 2005

ridin' with Santa

What a busy Friday night. Committed to join up with the Firefly Brigade for their monthly Critical Mass ride. Didn't make it to the assembly point at All Terra, so managed to catch up with them in Greenhills. Not quite the numbers I was expecting (I think we were a dozen), it was a fun group just the same. The ride was even led by Santa Claus! Our route took us to the party district of Morato, then to Kamias for snacks and a viewing of the film We Are Traffic, which documents the history of CM rides. I was able to witness one such ride in SF, back in 1994. It is something else seeing hundreds, nay, thousands of bicycles occupying city streets. Big props and mucho respect to the Fireflies for spearheading bicycling advocacy over here. The country needs more people like them. There was even a raffle, and I snagged myself a Firefly Brigade shirt. Neat!

Midway to the film I started to receive SMS's from my co-workers, asking where I am and that they are all at our office Christmas party...all the way back in Greenhills! So I bid my hosts and fellow riders goodbye, and pedal the Tingle to the party. It was swinging by the time I click-clacked in with my riding shoes...BBQ's and ice cold beer never tasted so good. Ended up alternating beer, wine and bottled water till 2:30 am, where I decided to head home...

Kicking home was pretty interesting. Especially the start, where I thought I had lost all sense of balance! The night/morning was cool...which helped me sober up. The best bit? No hangover the next morning! Hehehe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home