Sunday, February 19, 2006

gary and team all terra


Dan-dan, Ramon, King, Gary, Juboy, Jimmy (background), myself and Polly

Saturday was a ride in the hills of Maarat, for several good reasons:

1) Balikbayan biker Gary, from Idaho, is in town. Gary was a NORBA racer, and has a degree in framebuilding. He's been singlespeeding for 13 years now and owns a quiver of bikes. Some are vintage and hella unique, like his Slingshot. Don't let his looks deceive you, as he is a mountain goat! All-around nice guy, really low-key!

2) Polly is finally back in the saddle again after a month of working weekends, drinking and smoking too much! Hehe.

3) Riding with Team All Terra again. The last time I did this was in Sta Rosa. They're a fun group, but they are all strong riders. They rode up the wall - a 1.2km climb with switchbacks, while I waited for them at the top (yes, I took a car). But I plan to attack the wall on the singlespeed - especially since I saw another SSer go at it with 36x18 gearing!



Here's Mon and myself engaging in some tomfoolery before we hit the trail.

all photos by Gary :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home