Sunday, February 12, 2006

a ride with the ex

this weekend was a mixed bag of sorts - coz the ex joined me for a ride! Joey built up the Caballero late last Sunday, and yesterday was the "inaugural" ride. it's just strange seeing my frame and fork rolling again - to think Joey first bought the fork last month...I told him he should've taken the frame as well!

He's stoked with the ride - as I expected him to be. And he assured me he'll take good care of the Salsa.

At least she's in good hands. Just like the rest of my ex's!

Leeds is back in the saddle again as well, after 9 months!

On another note, Jay rode Sta Rosa earlier today with Dre, and he popped his Cherry. The Cherrybomb is a free-ride frame that's built to take a lot of abuse, and it was unfortunate that all it took was a lil bunnyhop to pop it:

A quote from his Buzznet



"I broke my cherry :(

was JRA (just riding along) when i jumped this transition that couldnt have been half a foot high.

i heard a SNAP! but couldnt figure out what it was... i saw this much later after the downhill.

the bolt sticking out in the pic was sheared in half. also the shock mount wich is the three silver things on top of the red knob aren't aligned anymore but sticking up. im surprised it didnt fly out in different directions with the spring pressure.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!"

Poor Jay! Then again, he's been casting lustful glances at a Santa Cruz Heckler of late...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home