Sunday, February 05, 2006

she's gone

Bushwhacking. Good thing I was a man in tights.
Bushwhacking. Good thing I was a man in tights.

nothing like a post-ride PB&J crepe, and a machiatto
Nothing like a post-ride PB&J crepe, and a machiatto.

The Caballero was sold today. Have to admit the price was not what I was hoping for, but my pal Joel was the one who bought it and I do get "visitation" rights, since we ride together often. Funny thing is, Joey bought the suspension fork that I had on it, sometime last month. So it was a bit eerie to see both frame and fork matched once again and rolling.

Glad to know she's in good hands, and that she'll be ridden well.

and best of all, my war chest is full. I think it's time to make arrangements for Hong Kong, to pickup the monkey!

This weekend was a busy one. Hit Sta Rosa yesterday and ended up guiding a San Mig Lite Enduro team through the trails. Had to push the pace a bit since these guys were fit! We all had fun though and they were a funny bunch. Got home then decided to bike to work to finish up some articles. Hmmm...

And today, after 9 months of not touching his bike, Leeds decides to ride! So it's back to Sta Rosa (trails are flowy so it's a good place to either try out mountain biking or for a refresher), and we ended up discovering a new trail network with some of the locals. Neat. Leeds' ride had horrible chainsuck and shifting problems (thanks to a worn XTR chainring), so we went to All Terra to have it checked. He needed a new crank so I offered to swap his old-school XTR ones with my used Truvativs (ex-Salsa). Had plans to refurb his XTR cranks for SS duty but it looks like too much trouble/expense. That's alright, I'd rather use a square taper BB/crankset anyway, rather than any other system...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home