Monday, December 04, 2006

Go JM Go!

Congratulations to fellow P1SSer JM for finishing a strong 2nd place in the recently-concluded Giant XC Race in the Divine Mercy Race Track in Maarat, Rizal. JM rode his Seven Sola singlespeed...make that a blinglespeed - Chris King hubs, Push'd Fox Fork, etc. etc. He ran a 32x16 gearing. I've ridden with him on his Gary Fisher SS, which was geared 34x18 (I think) and he left me for dead on the climbs in Sta Rosa, so I wasn't surprised he smoked the competition (except one) in this race.

We test-rode the trck the day before, and it is do-able. A simple change to semi-slicks on the dry course and JM was all set.

Why didn't I race? Well, I have a perfectly good reason, which I'll keep to myself ;-)

More info in this PinoyMTBiker thread.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I smell a hangover...

pics please.

Mabuhay ang ReboluSSyon!

10:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home