Tuesday, December 26, 2006

James Brown, 1928-2006

I know it's not quite bicycling-related (though sometimes his tunes do play in my head when sweeping thru singletrack or huffing up a climb), but the Godfather of Soul, James Brown, passed away Christmas Day.

Here are some quotes from The Man:

"I don't really care what people think, ... I just do my own thing. ... I like being loud and letting people know I'm there.”

“I taught them everything they know, but not everything I know.”

“My expectations of other people, I double them on myself.”

and finally...

“The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing”

Come to think of it, when was the last time you danced? When was the last time I danced?

How about now? Jazz and Beyond has a podcast that pays homage to the late, great one.

Get on the good foot!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home