Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Going up...

the ride's singletrack soundtrack:

All Mixed Up - The Red House Painters



So this is how I look when my heartrate is on the redline, going up a hill. This shot (taken by Jed Santos) was taken during last weekend's ride at La Mesa - and I was part of a 10-rider gaggle led by King. There were several other groups of riders too, and it was a great day to ride and enjoy the lush scenery - as well as contribute to the preservation of the area by paying the entrance fee.

This was the last big hill before heading back to the parking lot. Vic and I broke off from the group and did some exploring :)

Did feel the effects of my efforts later in the day, though. But it was well worth it. Cleaned all the climbs, and Spanky with the Maxxis Ignitors worked like a charm - well, mostly. Back at the parking lot I decided to check all the bolts on the bike (lesson learned!) and as I torqued down on my crankbolts, one of them snapped. It was a Salsa one to boot. Should've known better. Never run alloy chainring bolts on a singlespeed. Luckily All Terra had some stainless steel bolts and spacers for sale. I duly grabbed a set of 10, and replaced all 4 alloy bolts on my crank. Problem solved, with spares to boot.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home