Saturday, January 20, 2007

Powered by Valrhona/The Two Towers

Last night was admittedly, quite decadent. Nothing like a nice evening spent with the Lady Nitro, sharing two Valrhona flourless cupcakes (plus a peppermint/choco one) and a nice pot of Earl Grey tea. I LOVE IT. Of course, I'll be atoning for my indulgence by riding...

Yes I can have my cupcake and eat it too.

singletrack soundtrack: Avenging Angels - Space

Don't ask why, but that's what the jukebox in my head started playing while riding. Today's ride was back in La Mesa, with Polly, Jay, King, Jovan, 2 Carlo's and 2 Vics. All in all, 9 riders. We felt like Ringwraiths. Guess you can call me the self-styled Witch King. Fitting that, since we were riding to the Two Towers - that is, La Mesa ranger towers 3 and 1, respectively.

After logging 16km to and from the towers, we headed down to the campsite by the water. Total mileage was around 22km I guess, but let me tell you, the first 16km were intense. At least I climbed the hills non-stop.

Post-ride meals were had at Tia Maria's Cantina along Katipunan - Mexican food is perfect after a hard day's ride. I had myself a grilled chicken burrito.

Jay, where are the pics?! Here are the pics!


Polly, Vic M, myself, King, Vic P, Ranger DenDen, Jovan, Carlo K, and Carlo M. Not in photo (he snapped it) is Jay.


That's one tricked-out Turner tricycle!



On a clear day you can see forever. Polly and Jay seeing the sights from atop Tower 1.


We rode down to the shore, where Spanky decided to hang around for a bit.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Karlo said...

pictures naten??? hehe. blog mo na!

23:53  
Blogger Surly Rider said...

Is that a riser bar turned forward with white bar tape? If so, it looks pretty amazing. If not, where did you get the bar? It looks like the riding over there is pretty amazing. Are there many riders?

22:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home