Sunday, April 09, 2006

next day, same place, strike 3

I ditched the bolt-on skewers and slapped on the Ringle QR's that came with my hubs, in the hopes that these would cure my skewer blues. Closed them down good, and I think they should do the trick.

Polly and I met up with BJ and hit the trails in Sta Rosa once again. Just like the day before, the bike performed flawlessly, until...

After regrouping at a shady spot, we were preparing to push off towards Duck trail, when I noticed my front tire was flat. Turns out a big-ass thorn had pierced both tire and tube - my precious Salsa tubes! Anyway, a quick patch job and a lot of pumping action (dang these 29er tubes take a lot of air!), and we were back in business.

On another note, my adidas shoes, which I got on a "spesha dear" from Hup Leong Bikes in Singapore last year, finally kicked the bucket. Here's a brief history:

- after 2 months, the soles came unglued. Luckily the friendly neighborhood cobbler was able to sew the soles back on. Good job on it too.
- on the 3rd month, the retainer holding the ratchet strap on the left foot delaminated. Soon after, it's opposite number followed suit. Superglue to the rescue!
- not even a year into its use, the sole and other rubber bits have begun to crack. not good.
- earlier today, I lost the left racheting strap when my foot caught on some vegetation. That was the last straw.

BJ had an inside line on some nice Sidi Bullets in Cycling Zone in Alabang. So we swung by on the way home and I tried them on. Fit like an Italian glove, and they were the last pair. The only catch? Well, they're disco daddy white!



Groovy baby. Definitely will take some getting used to hehe

Not too bad a weekend, I think we've tamed the monkey!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home