Sunday, February 18, 2007

2007 Spyder Men's Health Executive Cycling Race series, Subic leg

What's this? I drive up north to Subic to make an appearance as the sponsor in the inaugural leg of the 2007 Spyder Men's Health Executive Cycling Race series (say that ten times, fast). Got there Friday afternoon (race days were Saturday and Sunday), and All Terra lent me the Kona Jake (a cyclocross bike!) to mess around the race course. I was actually entertaining ideas of racing in Category C (35kms)...at any rate, Ramon, Nina, Gary and myself decided to check out part of the course. Gary was suffering from a mysterious foot ailment which prevented him from racing, so he acted as official photographer and coach.

Ramon and Nina rode down to the motor raceway whilst Gary and I tailed them in the car. Nina then drove back as I joined Ramon for a short road ride:


I look more like a bicycle messenger in baggies, than a roadie!


Ramon and I discuss the finer points of road cycling...
"So, what's the best shaving cream and razor combo for shaving your legs?", I asked.
Ramon didn't answer, as this was on an uphill gradient.


I decided to give Ramon a helping hand up the hill. Hehe.

Darnit he was just playing possum! He left me for dead once the streets levelled off! Grrr.


Around this time I think I was thinking of dinner hehe

Twas a fun weekend, though. Got a free tan (read: sunburn), didn't get to race but instead acted as an unofficial support vehicle giving water, help and encouragement to the racers. (I wonder if the sight and sound of me shouting at them as they passed by was at all encouraging. They did pedal faster!)...

Maybe I should've raced.

But then I would have to shave my legs and wear lycra. No baggies allowed it seems. Der cycling fashion nazis will have a fit haha!

Salamat kay Gary for snapping the pics!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...


Life is important for those who are not healthy,They know what is the worth of life.
A healthy man does not take care of its health till he not falls in the any kind of disease. So health is wealth. Your blog is just about the topic that
I have disscuseed in some lines .It will address others about to take care of theirself.About Dental care, What the great lines you have published.


Weight Loss Corona

20:18  

Post a Comment

<< Home